Starting Saturday, September 20, 2014 Abhayagiri will re-institute our practice of having a monthly Community Workday.
On these days we invite anyone interested to come and explore work and practice with our resident community.
There will be a variety of tasks to do so all are welcome and no one need feel that work will be too difficult.
The timetable for these days will be as follows:- 7:30 am to 8:00 am – Work Meeting and Dhamma Reflection
- 8:00 am to 10:30 am – Morning Work Period
- 10:30 am to 11:00 am – Clean-up
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm – Meal offering, meal and meal clean-up
- 1:00 pm to about 4:00 pm – Afternoon Work Period
- 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm – Informal Tea-time
- 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm – Evening Chanting and Meditation
- 8:30 to about 9:30 pm – Dhamma Talk
No need to let us know if you are coming, and feel free to come for either the morning work period, afternoon work period, or for the whole day.
The first project (on Sat. 9/20) will be erosion-control work on the new water line to the future Reception Hall. The water lines have been installed and buried, but more work still needs to be done to prevent erosion from Winter rain.
The Community Workdays for the remainder of 2014 will be on the following dates:
- Saturday, September 20th
- Saturday, October 18th
- Saturday, November 8th
- Saturday, December 13