Abhayagiri Monastery, along with many others in Northern California, has been affected by the recent power outages and potential threats of wildfire. Nonetheless, we are still scheduled to hold our Kaṭhina this coming Sunday, November 3rd, starting at 10:30am. Even if the monastery is affected by a power outage, we will still be able to proceed with the ceremony as planned.
Only in the extreme cases of road closures or other unforeseen circumstances would the monastery consider cancelling the event. If such a situation arises, we will post an announcement on our website as soon as possible.
If you are planning to attend the Kaṭhina, please consider carpooling to the event. In addition, please plan on coming early and please check weather and traffic reports in advance.
Also, be sure to take into account that daylight savings will end on Sunday, November 3rd at 2:00 am, and cause clocks to roll back one hour.
With good wishes,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha