Abhayagiri Buddhist Monastery
16201 Tomki Road
Redwood Valley, CA 95470
Directions to Abhayagiri
Please note that many GPS devices provide incorrect directions to the monastery. If your GPS tries to direct you along any road other than Tomki Road, please do not follow it.
The best way to find the monastery is to rely on these written directions below:
- Take the West Road exit (#557) from HWY 101, north of Ukiah (about half-way between Ukiah and Willits).
- If you were heading north on HWY 101 from Ukiah turn right onto West Road from the exit ramp. If you were heading South on HWY 101 from Willits turn left onto West Road from the exit ramp.
- Go straight on West Road past North State Street and then past School Way.
- Follow West Road for three miles until it reaches a stop sign and T-junction (whereTomki Road, East Road and West Road meet).
- Turn left at the “T” onto Tomki Road. Continue for 4 miles.
- There will be a big turn-out with 20 mailboxes on your right. Just a few feet beyond these mail boxes, a large stucco wall with a small sign, “Abhayagiri Buddhist Monastery” marks the entrance. Turn right onto the paved driveway heading steeply up and to the right.
We wish you a safe and peaceful journey.