Join us to celebrate the completion of Abhayagiri’s new Reception Hall with three days of Dhamma reflections and practice. The entire event will be livestreamed on Friday, June 29th, Saturday, June 30th, and Sunday July 1st. In addition to the weekend itself, the days leading up to the celebration will feature a host of talks and arrivals by senior teachers of the Ajahn Chah tradition. The result of six years of work, the new reception hall features a meditation hall, kitchen, library, and other facilities, and will serve as a center for monastic and lay activities in years to come. We hope you can join us for the festivities.
On Saturday, June 30th, and Sunday, July 1st, because we expect many visitors and parking is limited, please plan to arrive to Abhayagiri with at least 3 people in your vehicle (more is even better). If you are driving from afar with only 1 or 2 people in your vehicle, please meet up with others at the nearby Eagle Peak Middle School in order to carpool together the last few miles to Abhayagiri. The school is directly on the route to the monastery, located at 8601 West Road, Redwood Valley 95470. We’ve obtained permission for you to park in the school lot. Carpooling is the only way we can accommodate all those wishing to visit Abhayagiri for the festivities. Let’s all work together as a community so that nobody (including you!) will arrive at the monastery to find there is nowhere left to park.
June Event Schedule
- Thursday, June 21st - Luang Por Liem (Abbot of Wat Nong Pah Pong), Ajahn Jundee (Abbot of Wat Ampawan), Ajahn Kevali (Abbot of Wat Pah Nanachat), and others all arrive.
- Friday, June 22nd - Ajahn Chandako (Abbot of Vimutti Monastery) arrives for two nights.
- Sunday, June 24th - Luang Por Liem (Abbot of Wat Nong Pah Pong) gives a Dhamma Talk at Wat Buddhanusorn in Fremont with Ajahn Kevali as translator. Abhayagiri still holds its regular Sunday program. Directions to the monastery can be found on their website.
- Monday, June 25th - Visiting monks away from the monastery for the day. Ajahn Kongrit arrives.
- Tuesday, June 26th - Luang Por Viradhammo (Abbot of Tisarana Monastery) arrives.
- Wednesday, June 27th - Ajahn Jayasaro (Former Abbot of Wat Pah Nanachat) arrives.
- Thursday, June 28th - Ajahn Sona (Abbot of Birken Monastery), Ajahn Achalo (Abbot of Anandagiri), Ajahn Sudanto (Abbot of Pacific Hermitage), and others arrive.
Friday, June 29th - 7:00 pm Puja and Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Jundee (Abbot of Wat Ampawan)
Saturday, June 30th -
9:30 am Puja
10:00 am Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Sona (Abbot of Birken Monastery)
11:00 am Meal Offering
2:00 pm Puja and Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Kongrit
5:30 pm Teatime
7:00 pm Puja and Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Viradhammo (Abbot of Tisarana Monastery)
Sunday, July 1st -
10:00 am Dhamma Talk by Ajahn Jayasaro (Former Abbot of Wat Pah Nanachat)
11:00 am Meal Offering
1:30 pm Puja, Dedication of Cloister Area, and Dhamma Talks by Venerable Heng Sure (a senior disciple of Master Hua and director of the Berkeley Buddhist Monastery) and Luang Por Liem (Abbot of Wat Nong Pah Pong)
- Monday, July 2nd - Luang Por Liem and many other monks depart.
Please consult our calendar for more details.
Although we have no capacity for overnight guests at this time, all are welcome to come to Abhayagiri as day visitors.