Please use this page to contact the monastery. We do ask, however, that you read through the website thoroughly before asking any questions.
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general
questions about Buddhism whether these concern school projects, college
research or are of general interest. Short, specific questions about our
monastery and tradition, however, are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If inquiring about an overnight stay please use this contact form below to make your inquiry.
Current general guest accommodation availability (Last updated 11/16):
- Please keep in mind the following notes concerning overnight stays: First time guests may stay for one week if coming from northern California, ten days if coming from southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We encourage first time guests to stay for at least three nights.
- When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, physical restrictions of any kind, where you are traveling from and briefly describe your experience with meditation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and information about any medication you take for physical or mental well being.
Please do not make reservations more than two months in advance of the date you wish to arrive.
- There is accommodation available for the following times:
- For female guests: Dec. 3rd - Dec. 26th
- For male guests: Dec. 19th - Dec. 26th
The resident community will be on its annual Winter Retreat during the months of January, February and March. If you wish to stay overnight during 2015, please email us April 1st onward. Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, starting from April 1st.
After receiving your reservation request we will usually respond within five days, except during the months of January, February and March.
Please do not confirm your reservation unless you have a sincere commitment to follow through.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha