Please use this page to contact the monastery. Although we ask that you read through the website thoroughly before asking questions.
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general questions about Buddhism whether these come from school projects, college research or general interest although short, specific questions about our monastery and tradition are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If requesting an overnight stay, please note that first time guests may stay for one week if coming from Northern California, ten days if coming from Southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We do not make reservations more than two months in advance, so please do not write earlier than two months before your requested date of stay.
- When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, and briefly describe your experience with mediation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and any information about medication you take for physical or mental well being.
- Please note that guest accommodations for men are now full for the months of May, June and the middle of July. Women's accommodations are full in May and June.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha