The Abhayagiri Community is currently on its winter retreat from January 1st until April 1st, 2015. If possible, please wait until April 1st to contact the monastery.
If you do need to send a message during January, February or March about such time sensitive matters as making an offering, questions about a day visit or other urgent needs, please send an email to: email@example.com or call: (707) 485-1630 to leave a message on the general voice mail. A monastery attendant should respond to your message within a day or two.
In addition, before contacting Abhayagiri, please take note of the following:
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general
questions about Buddhism whether these concern school projects, college
research or are of general interest. Short, specific questions about our
monastery and tradition, however, are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If inquiring about an overnight stay please use this contact form from April 1st, 2015 onward to make your inquiry. We do not accept overnight guests during the months of January, February and March.
Current general guest accommodation availability (Last updated 3/20/2015):
- Please keep in mind the following notes concerning overnight stays: First time guests may stay for one week if coming from northern California, ten days if coming from southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We encourage first time guests to stay for at least three nights.
- For April 1st - Dec. 24th : When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, physical restrictions of any kind, where you are traveling from and briefly describe your experience with meditation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and information about any medication you take for physical or mental well being.
The resident community is on its annual Winter Retreat during the months of January, February and March. Guests are still welcome to come for day visits during this time or to the two public talks on Saturday nights and on the evenings of the lunar observance days, but we do ask that visitors help us to maintain a quiet, calm retreat environment.
There are no more overnight accommodations until April 2015. On April 1st we will begin accepting reservations for the upcoming year.
The first available spaces for overnight reservations are:
For female guests:
- from April 7th onward.
For male guests:
- from April 7th onward.
Please note that there will be limitations on availability during April 2015 due to multiple factors such as extended stays by members of our Winter Retreat Crew Support Team.
Please do not try to make reservations until April 1st.
Further notes concerning reservations:
During the regular year, please do not try to make reservations more than two months in advance of the date you wish to arrive.
After receiving your reservation request we will usually respond within five days, except during the months of January, February and March.
Please do not confirm your reservation unless you have a sincere commitment to follow through.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha
PS - Friendly Reminder : During these months of January, February and March please do not use the contact form below. Instead, see above for further information about contacting the monastery.