Please use this page to contact the monastery. We do ask, however, that you read through the website thoroughly before asking any questions.
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general questions about Buddhism whether these concern school projects, college research or are of general interest. Short, specific questions about our monastery and tradition, however, are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If requesting an overnight stay please note that first time guests may stay for one week if coming from Northern California, ten days if coming from Southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We cannot make reservations more than two months in advance, so please write only two months before your requested date of stay.
- When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, physical restrictions of any kind, where you are traveling from and briefly describe your experience with meditation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and any information about medication you take for physical or mental well being.
- As of now, we have one opening for a female guest arriving December 8th and departing December 13th and another two openings for either male or female overnight guests arriving December 15th and departing December 24th. Otherwise we do not have any other openings in 2013 and we will be closed for overnight guest visits for our winter retreat December 25th, 2013 to April 1st, 2014.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha