Please use this page to contact the monastery. We do ask, however, that you read through the website thoroughly before asking any questions.
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general
questions about Buddhism whether these concern school projects, college
research or are of general interest. Short, specific questions about our
monastery and tradition, however, are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If inquiring about an overnight stay please use this contact form below to make your inquiry.
- Please note that first time guests may stay for one week if coming from Northern California, ten days if coming from Southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We do not make reservations more than two months in advance of the requested date of stay.
Current general guest accommodation availability:
- When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, physical restrictions of any kind, where you are traveling from and briefly describe your experience with meditation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and any information about any medication you take for physical or mental well being.
- Female accommodation is available Aug. 5th onward.
- Male accommodation is available Aug. 5th onward .
- There will not be guest accommodation available the nights of Aug. 22nd and Aug. 23rd.
- We discourage people from making reservations more than two months in advance due to a high number of cancellations.
After receiving your reservation request, we will usually respond within 5 days.
Please do not confirm your reservation unless you have a sincere commitment to follow through.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha