Please use this page to contact the monastery. We do ask, however, that you read through the website thoroughly before asking any questions.
- Due to a high volume of emails, we are unable to respond to general
questions about Buddhism whether these concern school projects, college
research or are of general interest. Short, specific questions about our
monastery and tradition, however, are welcome.
- We are not able to provide spiritual or pastoral counseling via email or telephone.
- If inquiring about an overnight stay please use this contact form below to make your inquiry.
- Please note that first time guests may stay for one week if coming from Northern California, ten days if coming from Southern California or out of state, or two weeks if coming from outside the country. We do not make reservations more than two months in advance of the requested date of stay.
Current general guest accommodation availability (Last updated 10/23):
- When writing to request an overnight stay, please include your age, gender, physical restrictions of any kind, where you are traveling from and briefly describe your experience with meditation, following precepts, previous stays in a monastery and any information about any medication you take for physical or mental well being.
We discourage people from making reservations more than two months in advance due to a high number of cancellations.
- There is accommodation available for the following times:
- For female guests: Oct. 28th - Oct. 31st, Nov. 5th - Dec. 26th
- For male guests: Oct. 28th - Oct. 31st, Nov. 9th - Dec. 26th
After receiving your reservation request we will usually respond within five days.
Please do not confirm your reservation unless you have a sincere commitment to follow through.
Thank you for your consideration,
The Abhayagiri Saṅgha